3.30.2009

more carving and more letterpress




I hope you won't get bored with my carving and letterpress posts.

Did the second colors for the swallows.There will be a third colors on it later on.




A proof for my thank you cards. I really like this orange but this is not the color I will be using..



I carved another " love", I don't like the first one. I worked on it too much and then I broke it and all the edges become crumble. It's hard to tell when to stop, sometimes I pay too much attention to the tiny details and I destroy the whole thing at the end. Specially after proofing with vandercook, I will look at the proof and keep working on some imperfect areas. It always ends up worse. I'm better without proofing maybe?? The swallows and deer print were without proofing and they came out very nice............................
oh my god, am I murmuring too much!! Maybe just like my instructor said, I push myself too hard!!!

................................................................................................................................

Bauhaus Accomadation.
I love that red cabinet and hard edges lines of Bauhaus building. Simply brilliant.

Have a nice week!

..............................................................................................................................

20 comments:

Julia said...

i love your designs so much, they are so inspiring!

Alana said...

Not bored at all! I love to see your work. It's so inspiring, makes me want to take my carving tools out!

Fine Little Day said...

I´m not bored either, love!

yasu said...

Its good to push yourself hard. I think i need to learn that! i love seeing your process of carving! dont stop!

Camilla Engman said...

I love the one with the twig and birds, so lovely.

Jennifer said...

Boring?
Never! Keep going!

hiki said...

Wow, these are great designs! I love them :)
And thanks for your info that lines&shapes are now sold at Kei Bun Sha! I always wanted a copy but now it will be easier if I can buy it in Japan!! great!

shanna said...

i love the love one, it's wonderful!

Vanessa said...

I love love love seeing all of your letterpress and carving posts!! Your linocuts leave me & my sister astounded. Wow!

It's also been really inspiring to me since I have recently bought some indian woodblocks for printing on fabric. And am hesitating to use them until I do a bit more research. So it's really great to see your printing efforts.

Q_9 said...

your work is so beautiful! it's truly inspiring..

Anonymous said...

Magnifique ! I love it !

Andrea Tachezy said...

Lovely prints - so pure and simple.

KG said...

I love these!! especially the cheery orange one..the color is brilliant

Maia said...

These are just stunning! So glad to have found your beautiful blog, and beautiful work.

Maia said...

Would you mind if I posted some of your work on my blog with a link to your shop? I just love it and would love to share the links with my friends.
My email is maialarkin@gmail.com
Blog is http://uneenvie.blogspot.com

ah-yi said...

Maia,
you have a cute daughter and a beautiful blog! :)
you are welcome to do the post about me or my prints or even my shop, just remember to give them the correctly credits.

thank you very much!
all my best to you and your family!

ah-yi / yu-i

Make it Easy said...

wow amazing stamp/letterpress!!!

one little journey said...

the 'love' is awesome!

Lynne said...

Ooh, love those swallow prints - brilliant.

Kerri said...

Oh I think your cards are so beautiful :)